Saturday, January 30, 2010

THE 2010 GRAMMY LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD


About the Lifetime Achievement Award Honoree

With a career that has spanned four decades and eighteen albums, singer/songwriter Leonard Cohen has worked with the likes of such artists as Elton John, Willie Nelson, Neil Diamond, and Iggy Pop. Leonard Cohen has garnered a number of awards including an induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2008, and just recently won a Grammy Award for his participation on the album Herbie Hancock: The Joni Letters, which won Album of the Year at the 50th Annual Grammys in 2008. This past February, Leonard Cohen launched an international tour that began with the reopening of the legendary New York City Beacon Theater.

The Leonard Cohen Acceptance Speech

Thank you so much friends. I want to thank the Academy for allowing me to be a part of this distinguished company. As we make our way towards the finish line that some of us have already crossed, I never thought I would get a Grammy award. In fact, I was always touched by the modesty of their interest to my work. Thank you friends.